About Us

The 30th Infantry Division did not just deactivate and "fade away" at the end of World War II. It is alive and flourishing under the banner of the "30th Infantry Division Association."

The Association was initially formed at Hof, Germany, as the "Triple XXX Club" in August 1945. The group's purpose was to perpetuate the spirit, friendship and comradeship of the approximately 50,000 men who served as members of the 30th Infantry Division and its attached units. Since 1946 we have held Annual Reunions in cities all over the United States.

In addition, the Association:

  • Has sponsored six memorable pilgrimages to Europe - with as many as 275 people per trip - in 1974, 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994, and 1999. The last was held on the 55th anniversary of the liberation of Western Europe, and we followed our own footsteps along the battle route of 1944. These trips have also included visits to Omaha Beach, Utah Beach, St. Jean-de-Daye, St. Lo, Mortain, Mont St. Michel, Pointe Du Hoc, Valenciennes, Tournai, Malmedy, Stavelot, Stoumont and La Gleize, Maastricht, Valkenburg, Heerlen and Kerkrade, and many smaller towns in the battle areas. During these trips, we were able to locate some of our "fox holes" and combat shelters, as well as many of the local people we met in 1944. We had reunions with them as well as with the French, Belgian, and Dutch military.
  • Has dedicated memorials throughout Western Europe
  • Holds chapter and unit meetings throughout the year, in locations across the U.S.
  • Publishes a newsletter four times per year
  • Maintains an up-to-date roster of names, addresses and units of over 1,500 known 30th Division Infantrymen who served in 1940 - 1945.
  • Makes unit histories and memorabilia available to our members. See the Gift Shop page for a complete selection of books, campaign ribbons and other items pertaining to the 30th Infantry Division in W.W.II.

Updated August 22, 2000